Joint Final Conference of WOSCAP & IECEU Projects
SAVE THE DATE
Final WOSCAP & IECEU Conference
Brussels, November 8th 2017
09:00 – 18:30
WOSCAP focused on three types of existing EU interventions, namely multi‐track diplomacy, security sector reform, and governance reform through a combination of desk and field research in Mali, Yemen, Georgia, Ukraine, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Guatemala and Honduras and produced a tailored set of recommendations to improve the EU's civilian means for conflict prevention and peacebuilding. It has identifies current capabilities, gaps, best practices, lessons learned and research priorities.
IECEU analysed best practices and lessons learned of eight on-going and past European Union CSDP missions and operations in the Western Balkans (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo), Africa (Congo, Libya, South Sudan and Central African Republic), Palestinian Territories as well as Afghanistan with the aim of providing a catalogue of practices, new solutions and approaches for the EU to guarantee long-term stability through conflict prevention and peacebuilding with special focus on pooling and sharing as well as civil-military cooperation.
- Main aspects of conflict prevention
- Integrated approach
- Effectiveness of EU missions and operations
- Potential for pooling and sharing in CSDP
- Civil-military cooperation in CSDP
- Inclusivity, local ownership and civil society perspectives in peacebuilding.
register for the conference here.
- Laurea University of Applied Sciences (Laurea UAS), Finland
- Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC), The Netherlands
- Institute for Research and Education on Negotiation, ESSEC Business School (IRENE), France
- Centre for European Perspective (CEP), Slovenia
Georg Frerks on peacebuilding of the EU in the case of Sri Lanka.
Gert Kampman on the on-the-ground cooperation between the EU partners in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
Ben Moore on the contribution of civil society for EU peacebuilding & conflict prevention
Reflections on the project "Whole of Society Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding"
Ben Moore on the role of civil society in improving EU peacebuilding worldwide
A Reflection on WOSCAP in Mali
USJPB reflects on the Mali Peace Agreement (Moussa Djire)
Reflections on the EU's SSR, Multi-track diplomacy & military training interventions in Mali